Although we cannot stop our skin from aging, we can take action to reduce the skin from showing signs of aging too fast. There are ways to stop Aging Skin Problems simply by adapting our daily habits. Often we are just not aware of unhealthy things we do every day and it increases our skin to age faster than it should.
With this article I wish to make you more aware of things we do every day unconsciously which are harmful for the skin and make it grow old too fast and at the same time give you 8 proven methods to stop Aging Skin Problems.
Following my 8 tips to stop your skin from aging too soon:
1. protect your skin from the sun the whole year, even when it is cloudy!
- Avoid sunbathing, this also means the use of tanning beds and sunlamps
- Do not stay in the sun between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., this is the time when the sun is the strongest
- Wear clothes that covers your skin, like a cap or hat and a shirt with long sleeves when you go outside
- And last but not least: put on sunscreen the SkinCell PRO whole year, even when it is cloudy!
We all like to enjoy the sun, lying on the beach, having a drink with friends on a nice sunny terras, going outdoors with the family but are you aware that being unprotected in the sun, even just a few minutes every day, causes premature aging of your skin and even more serious problems, like skin cancer, to the biggest organ of your body?
Use a sunscreen that protects you against UVA and UVB radiation, we call it a broad spectrum sunscreen and make sure the Sun Protection Factor (SPF) is 30 or more. You should rub yourself in at least 20 minutes before going outside. If you sweat a lot or after swimming you should use the sunscreen again.
2. Quit smoking!
Did you know that smoking is not only bad for your longs and heart but also causes your skin to grow old prematurely? A few signs of how your skin changes because of smoking are the formation of wrinkles and a change in color in your skin (pale and yellow, less healthy and glowing looking) because the amount of oxygen in your blood will become less when you smoke.
Did you know that each cigarette you smoke uses a lot of vitamin C and A? So smoking can cause a shortage of these vitamins which your skin desperately needs to protect it from harmful external influences en keep it moist. The last thing I would like to mention is that smoking reduces the amount of collagen and as you may know, collagen is very important for the skin, it makes our skin looks healthy, youthful and gives it a natural glow.
3. Exercise your body!
Did you know that regular workouts not only helps you to get fit and gives you more energy but it also benefits your skin? Regular exercise helps the skin on your face starts looking younger. Not only the workouts helps the blood flow better and therefor your skin gets a better deliverance of nutrition (your skin feels and looks more youthful) but it also gets rid of stress! And by reducing stress, your skin benefits especially when you have acne! Once you make exercise a daily routine (and it should not take long so ‘not having time’ is not an excuse), you will notice your skin looks and feels better. Chose a workout you feel comfortable with so it takes less effort to keep on doing it. You can even exercise at home! You can find a lot of fun workout programs on the Internet, whether you like yoga or fitness.
4. Eat Healthy!
Do you realize that what you eat will also affect your skin? We need to have balance in our food and we need to eat healthy to stop our skin aging problems. If we only eat junk food, eventually the skin will look and feel unhealthy. So what should we eat to stop our skin from aging too soon?
– Drink enough water, it’s very important we drink enough water to keep us hydrated. At least 8 glasses of pure water every day
– Vitamin A is very important for a healthy moist skin. If there is lack of vitamin a in the skin, the skin gets dry. Vitamin A can be found in low fat dairy products
– Vitamin C and E are also very important. The can be found in many products but the two I want to point out are berries and avocado. Berries (eg blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and cranberries) because they have a high level of antioxidant which helps stopping the skin from premature aging caused by harmful sources such as sun rays. Also berries are the perfect natural food to make collagen for the skin. Avocado’s because they contain a healthy fat we need to help our skin plump, less dry and look younger.
– Omega-3 we cannot produce ourselves and can be found in Salmon and other fat fish like tuna or sardines. Eating this fish helps the skin get more elastic and less dry and it helps strengthen the cells so harmful things can not so easily enter the cells.
– Vitamin B for new cells to grow and to help the skin to fight infections and stress and last but not least to prevent the skin to burst and get rough. Vitamin B can be found in whole grains like cereals
– a last tip would be green tea for it is loaded with antioxidants. Contains vitamin C, D and K and also calcium and iron among many other healthy substances and as you may know, it is used also in a lot of skin creams